The price of
freedom is eternal
- Thomas Jefferson
* * * * *
Welcome to the Abilene Tea Party Coalition website. Regardless of your political persuasion, we invite you to become familiar with our core principles and objectives. If you find our ideas in harmony with yours, we hope you will consider joining us.
Nationwide there are various groups identified as part of the Tea Party movement. There are various public perceptions (pro and con) of Tea Party groups. To help clarify the nature of the Abilene Tea Party coalition, we have the following declarations:
We are a conservative coalition as defined by our core values.
We do not support secession.
We do not have the intent of forming a new or separate political party.
We desire to have an active role in providing a positive influence in political affairs, but only by lawful means.
We do not condone violence in any manner.
We do not condone racism or discrimination.
- Limited federal government in accordance with the Constitution of the United States.
- Limited state government in accordance with the state constitution.
- Governmental fiscal responsibility.
- Free market economics; i.e., free from excessive governmental regulations.
- Acknowledgement of the positive influence of Christian principles in the formation of our nation.
- Recognition that the traditional family unit is the basic element of social make-up and of social stability.
- Personal responsibility.
The Abilene Tea Party Coalition seeks to be a diverse group of individuals united by shared core values. We desire to motivate organized grassroots involvement of ordinary people in issues of importance ( local, state and national).
The mission of the Abilene Tea Party Coalition is to:
- Organize those who are in agreement with our core values.
- Educate and inform others who presently do not understand or promote our core values.
- Advocate public policy consistent with our core values.
- Support the efforts of political candidates and officeholders who advocate our values in government.
- Encourage lawful and responsible participation in political and civic affairs (as opposed to being passive).
- Keep informed of current issues, whereby we can speak on the basis of knowledge and truth, not from emotion and/or opinion only.
The Abilene Tea Party Coalition's core values relate to the values on which America was founded. Born from our shared experience and our belief in natural law, these values are centered on our reliance on free will and the primacy of an individual who is responsible for his/her own actions.
- An individual who is personally responsible will be fiscally and socially responsible.
- An individual who is personally responsible will make better decisions for his/her country and community than will an overgrown federal government.
- An individual who is personally responsible will productively respond to and interact with the marketplace.
We feel that one major impetus for a conservative movement in general has been the desire to roll back excessive government spending. For the last several years both major political parties have been guilty of excessive spending. The growing perception among the American people that the runaway federal budget will drastically affect generations to come is a binding element for us. While we recognize that the nation faces important social as well as economic issues, a major focus is excessive governmental spending.
Point of contact for joining the “Abilene Tea Party Coalition” will be;